We use your data to provide women’s clothing items to you, keep you informed of our products and services, and to meet and enforce our legal obligations.
Generally, we do not give your information to third parties, but there are some exceptions where we use external service providers to power our operations.
We are happy to answer your questions about any of this – email us at email@example.com.
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, email) if you place an order from our site, or if you request to kept in touch with news about Orphic by email. We will also collect your contact details if you communicate with regarding your order – for example, you wish to ask a question about our clothing. If you agree to us keeping you informed of our products and services, we will collect from you your email address to do this. We will also collect any feedback you give us about your experiences with Orphic clothing.
How we use your personal data
We use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you;
- administration of your order and related billing and support queries;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis (this is carried out on an aggregated anonymised basis so that the resulting analysis does not identify you personally);
- (if you have consented to it) marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- improving our website, and the products and services we provide.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by email about products that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our hosting partners, GoDaddy. They host our site and the databases that may contain your personal data.
- We use DPD, Royal Mail and other delivery services to deliver our items to those who buy them, and this involves us sharing with them your name and address.
- We also share your information with our professional advisers (such as our accountants), and with others that we use to comply with our tax and legal obligations.
- If we sell our business, we will provide your personal information to the business that buys it.
Processing outside of Europe
Stripe (our payment processor) and GoDaddy (our hosting provider) process your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), in the USA. The USA does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and the EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the USA provides an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information to Stripe and GoDaddywill be subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, which is a safeguard sanctioned under the EU General Data Protection Regulation for personal data transferred outside the EEA. Both Stripe and GoDaddy are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can view their certifications by searching for their company name here – https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. More detail on the EU-US Privacy Shield is available here – https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/eu-us-privacy-shield_en.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- payment details are encrypted by Stripe using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email.
How long your personal information will be kept
- Payment and Transaction data: we will retain this as long as needed for the purposes of meeting our tax and accounting obligations.
- Name and email addresses for those who sign up to hear more about our products and website: we will keep this for 2 years following your last interaction with us.
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content products and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Name of cookie||Purpose for the cookie|
|__stripe_mid||For Stripe Payment|
|__stripe_sid||For Stripe Payment|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||For Woocommerce Cart Data|
|wmc_current_currency||Used For Current Currency|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Check weather cart in items 1|
|woocommerce_recently_viewed||For recently viewed product|
|Woocommrce Session Data|
|wc_cart_created||For Woocommerce Cart|
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or write to Orphic London, Kemp House 152 – 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email where appropriate
Legal Bases for Processing
We use a number of different legal bases for processing your data. Further details on each of them are set out here.
Legitimate Interest – This means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our women’s clothing business to enable us to give you the best quality products and experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract: This means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract between us and you (that is, selling you our products under a licence or subscription, or providing you with professional services) or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation: In some cases, we will process your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Consent: where we use your consent as the basis for processing your data, this means your affirmative, informed consent. We use this as a basis if and when we send you promotional material.